In this podcast episode, you will learn:
- Cap rate means how you capitalize after all of the expenses (rate at which you get your money back)
- Ratio is purchase price and divide it by NOI
- Cap rate is important because commercial multifamily properties are valued by cap rates instead of their comps.
- It is a function of (buyers perception of) risk. Buyers are willing to pay more if they see area is safe and building is new.
- Age of propertiy,
- Credit worthiness of current tenants
- Diversity of Tenants
- Length of Leases of current tenants
- Underlying economy in the area
- Net Operating Income (NOI) – Gross potential rent minus expenses (except mortgage)
- Side note: It is always good to assume expenses (for B and C properties) are a ratio of 50%
To attend Rod Khleif’s Bootcamp in Los Angeles, visit
- Use the code AdamAdmas for $100 off your tickets
To connect with Damion Lupo, text eQRP to 72000
And please go to iTunes to leave us a rating and write a review. Each review helps us reach a larger audience with your episode. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/creative-real-estate-podcast/id1285094279